Machu Picchu by train – 2 days, 1 night – BUDGET VERSION
This is our Machu Picchu by train tour specially designed for our clients on a tight budget: public bus transport, basic hostel in Aguas Calientes (no breakfast), late night train return.
Price: are in dollars and might change during the season, you get a discount with a value student ISSIC Card
Optional: Huayna Picchu entrance fee: US$9 – or – Machu Picchu Mountain entrance fee: US$5
In the morning you will be brought to the bus stop for the Ollantaytambo buses, en route you will be given a briefing for the tour.
The bus trip is about two hours to Ollantaytambo and when you arrive you will need to go directly to the train station to wait for your train.
Upon arrival to Aguas Calientes you will be met and brought to your hostel. Your Machu Picchu tour guide will meet you in the evening to brief you about your trip to Machu Picchu for the following day. Consider visiting the hot springs (US$4 entry fee) in Aguas Calientes before or after your briefing!
In the morning you will start your 1 hour ascent to Machu Picchu to arrive in time for sunrise, or at the time you desire (bus is optional, $8 each way, first bus departs at 5:30am). If you have purchased a pass for Huayna Picchu in advance you will have the opportunity to climb the mountain (climbing time will be determined in advance depending on availability). There will be a two hour guided tour of Machu Picchu following which you will have the rest of the day to explore Machu Picchu. You will need to be in the train station in Aguas Calientes minimum 30 mins prior to your 9:30pm train departure (return trains schedule subject to change). From Ollantaytambo you will take the bus back to Cusco – approximate arrival time: 2am.
**Please note: train times are subject to change depending on train availability.
**Students: You must bring your original ISIC card to Machu Picchu – if you fail to do so you will need to pay the additional entry fees.
**Take care for misunderstandings with the staff in the hostel in Aguas Calientes – they are very nice but don’t speak much English!
**Bring snacks with you from Cusco/Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu – it is very expensive at the ruins!
• bus transportation Cusco to Ollantaytambo
• expedition train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
• 01 night basic hostel accommodation in Aguas Calientes (dorm rooms, shared bathroom)
• entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
• guided tour (2hr) of Machu Picchu in English
• expedition train Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
• bus transportation Ollantaytambo to Cusco
• all meals (no breakfast in hostel)
• water, snacks
• bus Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (optional, $8 each way) – can be purchase in Aguas Calientes
• entrance fee for Huayna Picchu (US$9) or Machu Picchu Mountain (US$5) – must be reserved at time of booking
• tennis shoes or trainers
• long trousers, sweater – dress in layers
• rain poncho – in any season it can rain
• camera with full battery and lots of memory!
• insect repellent, sun block and sun glasses
• personal first aid kit (personal medications)
• water bottle
• light backpack
* Activities Peru loves creating and operating great and unique tours. We believe in promoting sustainable tourism by working together with local people and guides to produce the best quality tours for fair prices.